As a global enterprise operating a wide range of businesses, the Marubeni Group goes to great lengths to reduce the environmental footprint of its operations. Marubeni always considers the environment and makes its utmost effort to protect it.
Activities Review and Future Objectives
Activities Review in the Year Ended March 31, 2016
- Marubeni continued to collect information, hold training programs, and conduct self-inspections to spread awareness on environmental regulations and promote compliance.
- Marubeni strengthened environmental risk management systems by enforcing orders from the Head Office at organizations under the jurisdiction of branches and offices and by deepening understanding of environmental issues among branch and office employees.
- Marubeni conducted on-site inspections of domestic and overseas Group companies with high environmental risks, and provided guidance as needed for improvement.
- Continue spreading awareness of and promoting compliance with environmental regulations
- Verify effectiveness of environmental risk management systems at domestic and overseas Group companies