Environmental Solutions / Equipments Case
Agro Products that Encourage Efficient Agriculture
Marubeni supplies variety of agro input & service to influence grower to achieve strong agriculture.
Variety of Agro Inputs
• High Valued Adjuvant
Increase the efficiency of agrichemicals and fertilizer to optimize the application cost.
• Controlled Release Fertilizer
Control the release of fertilizer to give optimum amount to plant.
Less soil erosion or volatilization than conventional fertilizer --- environmental friendly.
• Organic Materials
Environmental friendly materials to support organic farming.
Marubeni Agro Products Structure
• Marubeni, with collaboration with domestic and international suppliers and partners, supplies agro products with solution to strengthen growers, which leads to a total WIN-WIN-WIN supply chain among retailers, distributors and suppliers.
Inorganic & Agricultural Chemicals Dept.
Ballast Water Management System "Electro-Cleen TM System"
Promotion of Efforts for the Conservation of Marine Ecosystems
Why is Ballast Water an issue?
• Ballast water is seawater carried by ships that is used as weight for ensuring stability. It is loaded on when cargo is discharged at a source port, and discharged into the sea at the destination port when cargo is loaded.
• It has been estimated that, globally, 3-4 billion tons of ballast water is transferred across the sea each year.
• Moreover, since the 1980s, several cases has been reported of microorganisms that exist in the ballast water moving into waters they do not naturally inhabit, and inflicting damage on local ecosystems and fisheries.
• In order to prevent this kind of damage, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) adopted the “International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships’ Ballast Water and Sediments.” The convention requires every oceangoing ship to install ballast water management system to treat organisms in ballast water to comply with the regulation standard.
• Electro-Cleen™ System is the ballast water management system approved by IMO to satisfy the regulation standard.
Features of Electro-Cleen TM System
· Brings to fruition treatment based on a single technology, namely, electrolysis
· Equipment is small, low power consumption and Explosion-proof; therefore suitable for all ship types.
· Maintenance is easy, and running costs are also low
· System whereby ballast water is electrolyzed as it passes through a device set up on the pipes drawing up the water.
Ship Dept. - Ⅱ